Phone sourcing is the quiet creeping about.
"I've gotten 3 referrals from your board. Thanks so much to Magic Method Sourcing!" ~Ryan Leary, CruiterTalk.com, Twitter remark - June 19, 2010
If you have a sourcing job you'd like circulated to the near-1700 members of the MagicMethod sourcing network send it to maureen at techtrak.com.
November 16, 2010
Telecommuting Search Intelligence Associate
The Good Search is seeking an exceptionally talented Search Intelligence Associate to identify, profile, recruit, and qualify passive candidates for our search engagements. The role is a telecommuting one, offering extraordinary work/life balance as well as the opportunity to apprentice with one of the leading executive search and human capital intelligence practices in the country. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
About the Company: The Good Search (TGS) recruits senior executive and mission critical talent for companies and government agencies based in the U.S. Founded by an award-winning investigative journalist, its research-driven investigative approach yields better results than traditional retained and contingency search firm models. TGS has been in business for more than a decade and over that period of time, the firm has served some of the most powerful and successful corporations in the world in a wide range of industries from media and advertising to technology and telecommunications to financial services and management consulting.
Our Approach: We work hard to find our clients the talent they need. (In fact, not finding the perfect candidate occasionally keeps us up at night.) We deal with luminaries and executives considered to be the "best of the best". So you have to be smart, charming, articulate, well-read, and well spoken. Our associates are highly interactive and collaborative-- checking in, sharing observations, brainstorming, asking questions, and helping one another. As an elite team, we're pretty driven. So we expect the best from ourselves and each other. We do a lot of calling, so you actually have to like to pick up the phone and talk to people you don't know. We do a lot of online research and data entry, rapidly entering, updating and cleaning data as we go. In fact, we find the work strangely meditative, like working to fill in the missing pieces in a gigantic data jigsaw puzzle. We have a stated "goodness" ethos, so you have to care about the candidate, about the client, and about your team because you believe you can make a real difference. (No jerks allowed.) In fact, we actually believe we can help make the world a better place -- one hire at a time.
* Work closely with the Search Intelligence Manager to develop and execute investigative, strategic sourcing strategies.
* Conduct investigative research to identify top talent using phone and Internet sourcing.
* Leverage software tools and techniques to uncover top candidates others miss. Spider and extract data from the Internet.
* Conduct rapid, efficient, and accurate data entry. Write candidate biographies. Clean and update database information as you work to keep it as accurate as possible.
* Identify target candidates, reverse engineering the position description title to the right title and team at each target company.
* Map target organizations as you work, locating and quantifying available pools of talent with required skill sets. Check for holes in the research to ensure identification of every available candidate.
* Provide research due diligence on whether we've identified every qualified candidate ID'd at every target company. Track where we've been and where we still have to go in our research.
* Recruit and qualify passive candidates. Source for referrals and new business.
* Assess and rank candidate qualifications compared to the requirements of the role.
* Track client company, target company, and industry news. Set and leverage news alerts for opportunistic advantage.
* Analyze research to transform it into intelligence to share with our team. Share observations regarding relevant patterns and trends aimed at getting to top candidates faster-better.
*Proactively document any issue that may interfere with a search engagement’s success (i.e. compensation, scope, talent shortage, location) and provide that information to the Search Intelligence Manager.
* Track and communicate individual metrics as measured against stated goals.
* Maintain positive relationship with TGS team.
*Bachelors degree and at least 1-3 years of experience in recruiting.
*Demonstrated success recruiting passive candidates (executives, technologists, mid-level)
*Experience identifying potential candidates through Internet sourcing and phone sourcing. AIRS certified preferred.
*Ability to produce viable candidates rapidly and work with a deadline sensibility.
*Experience working fast and effectively in candidate tracking systems, entering, updating, and maintaining data accuracy.
*Articulate and elegant communicator, with superior writing and organizational skills.
*Drive results working independently, but remain actively engaged with our team.
*Build enduring professional relationships with clients, candidates and peers.
*Strong computer and candidate database skills. Fluent in Internet search.
*Exemplary leadership and positive attitude. Committed to ensuring successful outcome of every engagement.
Okay, we're asking a lot. But then we've got a lot to give -- the chance to grow your career with our firm. The work is as an independent contractor to start. The best will have the oportunity to join our team as employees. Applicants should send a resume to Krista Bradford at firstname.lastname@example.org.